Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Reviews: 13 Little Blue Envelopes and Devilish




I have a new author to love! One book I read last weekend, and the other the weekend before. They're both great!

Book: 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
Genre: YA
Rating: A

I loved this book about a girl who gets a bunch (13 of course!) of letters from her dead aunt. The letters have instructions that send her on a wild adventure through Europe. She learns lots about herself, and her aunt in the process. I loved all the different locations (some I've been to so it was really fun to picture) and the different characters. It was all a fun wonderful ride!





Book: Devilish by Maureen Johnson
Genre: YA Fantasy-ish
Rating: A-

When I got the other book, I just grabbed this one of the shelf too. This one adds a bit of a fantasy element to what appears to be a normal teenage high school story. It's about a girl and her friend who is struggling with various things. Then a new girl arrives on the scene who appears to be helping the friend, yet, things aren't quite what they seem and she ends up having to rescued from the rescuer. Hmmmmm.

I'll for sure be reading more by this YA author. Add her to my list!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't imagine what it must be like to receive letters from a dead relative. This book does sound like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails