Friday, April 4, 2008

Favorite Poem Contest

In celebration of National Poetry Month, my long-time blogging friend, Serena over at Savvy Verse and Wit is having a contest and giving away poetry books, of course! She wants to know what's your favorite poem. Go HERE for details and join in!


As for my favorite poem, I've always loved Robert Frost and especially this simple poem:


DUST OF SNOW


The way a crow

Shook down on me

The dust of snow

From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart

A change of mood

And saved some part

Of a day I had rued.



Probably I like it because I always need reminders that life's pretty great, even on bad days. There's always something small, but wonderful, that happens to make you realize that.




3 comments:

  1. Well, I tried anyway, though it doesn't seem to be helping much! I thought I had SOME readers... maybe they just aren't in a poetry mood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poetry is a lot tougher, but that helps you with your chances of winning, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails